Friday, February 12, 2010

All things girly....

I saw this little grouping in our bathroom and just had to take a picture of it. My daughter who is 13 loves her make up. I seriously think she has enough to open a small boutique!!!

We are constantly looking in the make up aisle for new and great things. We constantly are looking through teen magazines for new ideas for applying the said make up and new hair styles.

 Now I know I am a mom and I should probably be pretty good at the whole make up and hair thing; but truth be told I pretty much suck at it all!!! I cannot do hair...my lives in a pony tail 24/7...and I am supposed to know about straighteners and curling irons--hahaha.

 Then we move on to the make up issue, now I am a pretty minimal make up type girl. Your basic powder, blush, eye shadow, mascara and occasionally eye liner and that is it. My daughter on the other hand loves all the cool looks. We tried to do the smoky eye look~~~yeah it didn't turn out so well~~~we had black eye shadow every where!!! It was pretty funny now that I look back on it.

So as you can see all things girly is a HUGE part of our daily routine, but I can tell you that even though she loves being girly; she can also hang with the boys and is a darn good fastpitch player~~~those pictures will come later in the year.

So to all the new moms out there or the moms that have younger girls...embrace what you daughter chooses and enjoy them to the fullest...they are the best times of your lives!!!!

Until we meet again ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment