Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My weekends...

are consumed with this...my friends meet the youth wrestling program at our school!!!! It consumes every Sunday for hours...usually from 7:30-5:00 and we travel all over.

You would be correct to know that we do not have any child who wrestles mind you...we do this from our own free will. You can all call us crazy but we ♥ it. My husband coaches and I work what is called the head table.

I take care of filling out all the bout sheets for my mat and keep track of all the stats and ribbons for my mat.
At every meet there are 12 mats...which that evens out to be about 300+ kid...ages 4-13...in one place for that time period. Now grant it there are days that the noise gets to me but most days it pretty much rocks.

Wrestling is an awesome sport. There is not team just one player. I enjoy watching the little ones grasp the idea of what a take down, reversal, shoot and pin are and when they win their match, there is nothing but smiles!!

When Thursday nights roll around...the kids get their ribbons and if they pin their opponent they get a pin pin. It is amazing that this little pin can make a child work so hard on Sunday.

This doesn't even cover Saturday's which is consumed with Jr. High and High School wrestling. I go so I can work on my picture taking. Our daughter is the Jr. High stat girl so we go anyway so we can take her home. The kids are so sweet and such hard workers.

If you ever get a chance...go to your local high school wrestling meet and just see what it is all about...

Until we meet again ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment